Sunday, April 1, 2007

Stuff is happening.

Over the last week we have been working diligently on the movie and things are slowly but surely coming together. Yesterday we continued to film the interior of the cantina and started to work on the opening titles. This morning I finished the titles and we are now waiting for Sam to get here so that we can continue filming. The other day Sam and Malachi's parents (Bruce and Melissa) delivered the pirate ship set that they have been faithfully working on for the past 8 months (since August). I had not seen it yet and was dumbfounded by the craftsmanship and beauty of this genius piece of set building. (as soon as we put the final painting and set dressing I can post some pictures)

Sam is here now and we are discussing our plan of attack for the next few days. I am leaving to visit my family in Thailand on Tuesday and will not be back until the 20th of this month (a little less that two weeks). This leaves us with only 3 more days (including today) that I will be able to help with the filming. We have a lot of work to do in that time. The cantina scenes need to be completely shot and edited so that they can be given to Robbie for sound editing. The ship set needs to be be painted and dressed with props. The rest of the crew needs to be built. The backdrop system for the sky and horizon needs to be designed and constructed. And the end titles need to be added after the lighthouse scene. Plus I have packing and shopping to do before I leave.

The idea is that we will get everything ready to shoot the scenes on the ship before I leave. Then Sam and Malachi will shoot and edit those scenes while I am gone. The entire film needs to be turned in to the festival people by the 16th so... we'll see how it goes.

(new record for post length!)

No comments: