Saturday, April 14, 2007

YouTube vs. Thailand

OK, so I really wanted to post videos of my trip as I have been taking a few of them. But I have been having problems with the Internet provider not allowing access to YouTube. I thought this was just a small problem and that it would be fixed sometime soon. Apparently not. A couple of weeks ago, somewhere on YouTube, a video (or a few, I'm not sure) was posted that makes fun of the King of Thailand. I don't know how serious the video is but... the Thai people love their king. YouTube would not let the country block individual videos because of some discrimination issues so the government decided to block the entire site. YouTube no longer exists in Thailand.

As this is the case I will have to wait until I get home to post the videos. Sorry for the delay.

No comments: